Monday, September 5, 2011

::green thumb::





The final leg of our family trip was to Victoria Canada. There, we visited the well-respected Butchart Gardens. Believe it or not, much of both the design and creation of these luscious grounds was done by the very woman who owned the home on the premises. Now, dozens of hands work to trim, prune and snip the foliage into perfection. Just before leaving Victoria, we had the chance to walk down some of the impressive streets and came across souvenir shops and one chalk artist that made me feel as though I was back in New York. "May I take your picture?" I asked using my best manners. "If you pay me," he replied. :)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! I can see your new computer is serving you well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved walking around Victoria with my best friend.

    ReplyDelete